This course is recommended for those who are involved in the manufacture, storage, transport, cartage, erection, and documentation of the tilt-up and precast panels.
This course is recommended for those who are involved in the manufacture, storage, transport, cartage, erection, and documentation of the tilt-up and precast panels. The structure of this course has been to provide an overview of the design, planning, implementation, and review process associated with tilt-up and precast concrete construction.
Participants will improve their skills in managing safety on a tilt-up or precast concrete construction site, and understand the roles and responsibilities needed to meet legislative requirements under the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1984 and the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996
Duration: 1 day
Fees: Full payment is required upon booking to confirm your place and can be made via eftpos in person or over the phone.
Assessment methods: Written Questions and Practical
• Occupational Health and Safety/ Work Health and Safety Legislation
• National code of practice for tilt-up construction
• Australian Standards AS3850 and AS3600
• Identify tilt-up construction and risk management processes.
• Identify information relating to safe tilt-up construction.
• Identify procedures to maintain safety of self and others.
• Safety equipment used on construction sites
• Stages in the tilt-up construction process.
• Shop drawings and specifications
• Safe load tables
• Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
• Safe Work Method Statement (SWMS)
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment and wallet card for nationally recognised unit of competency:
CPCCCM1016 – Identify Requirements of Safe Tilt-Up Work
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots;
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Kewdale, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred.