Our Intermediate Scaffolding course provides the participant with the basic skills and knowledge required to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding at the Intermediate level.
Our Intermediate Scaffolding course provides the participant with the basic skills and knowledge required to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding at the Intermediate level. This includes use and operations of Cantilevered crane-loading platforms, Cantilevered and spurred scaffolds, Barrow ramps and sloping platforms, perimeter safety screens and shutters, Mast Climbers, and tube and coupler scaffold. This provides the candidate with an advantage to secure a scaffolding role within the industrial, construction, mining, oil, and gas sectors.
Duration: 3 days – dependant on experience
Fees: Full payment is required upon booking to confirm your place and can be made via eftpos in person or over the phone.
Assessment methods: Written Questions and Practical
• Plan the job.
• Select and inspect plant and equipment.
• Set up task.
• Erection and dismantling of tube and coupler scaffolding.
• Barrow ramps and sloping platforms.
• Cantilevered and spurred scaffolds.
• Covered walkways and gantries.
• Scaffolding associated with perimeter safety screens and shutters.
• Mast climbers.
• Cantilevered crane loading platforms.
• Hazard control.
• Dismantle scaffolding and equipment.
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment for the nationally recognised unit:
CPCCLSF3001A Licence to erect, alter and dismantle scaffolding (intermediate level)
• Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
• Must be over 18 years of age;
• Must bring copy of valid & current Worksafe Basic Scaffolding ticket (pre-requisite);
• Must bring 2 forms of ID (1 x photo ID, 1 x other ID). Photo ID may include drivers licence, passport, proof of age card. Non-photo ID may include credit card, bank card, medicare card;
• Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (eg. physical work & ability to work at heights);
• Must have basic mathematical skills and knowledge to work out formulas;
• Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots;
• Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Kewdale, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred.