This unit of competency specifies the outcomes required to demonstrate the use of portable fire extinguishers, fire hose reels and fire blankets.
This unit of competency specifies the outcomes required to demonstrate the use of portable fire extinguishers, fire hose reels and fire blankets. The course supports fire protection equipment service technicians responsible for demonstrating to customers how to interpret and follow manufacturers’ instructions on various first attack fire fighting equipment in emergency situations.
Duration: 4 Hours
Fees: Full payment is required upon booking to confirm your place and can be made via eftpos in person or over the phone.
Assessment methods: Written Questions and Practical
• Use portable fire extinguishers to extinguish a simulated fire
• Determine the classification and fire type
• Select the appropriate fire extinguisher to attack the fire
• Demonstrate usage of fire extinguishers safely according to them manufacturers’ instructions, and in accordance with relevant OHS and workplace policies and procedures
• Demonstrate correct usage of a fire hose reel
• Demonstrate usage of the hose reel safely according to manufacturers’ instructions and in accordance with relevant OHS and workplace policies and procedures
• Turn off water in the approved sequence and check the hose reel for leaks
• Rewind the hose reel correctly after use
• Demonstrate correct usage of a fire blanket
• Demonstrate usage of the fire blanket safely according to manufacturers’ instructions and in accordance with the relevant OHS and workplace policies and procedures
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment and wallet card for nationally recognised unit of competency:
CPPFES2005A Demonstrate First Attack Fire Fighting
• Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
• Must have good general health and fitness for practical’s
• Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots;
• Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Kewdale, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred.