Our Overhead Crane Course is designed for participants to gain the necessary skills to safely operate a pendant or remote-control gantry or overhead crane that has 3 or less movements.
Our Overhead Crane Course is designed for participants to gain the necessary skills to safely operate a pendant or remote-control gantry or overhead crane that has 3 or less movements. Participants will be able to undertake risk assessment and control, pre-start inspections, identify lifting equipment, report and record faults, lift and shift various loads safely, and shut down and stow equipment and cranes as per AS2550, manufacturer instructions and site procedures.
Duration: 1 Day
Fees: Full payment is required upon booking to confirm your place and can be made via eftpos in person or over the phone.
Assessment methods: Written Questions and Practical
- Relevant Australian Standards, Legislation and Regulations
- OH&S policy
- Codes of Practice
- Work requirements, safety information and procedures
- Site hazards
- Conduct machine pre-operational checks
- Plan and prepare for operations
- Operate a gantry or overhead crane
- Operator maintenance
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment and wallet card for nationally recognised unit of competency:
RIIHAN305D Operate a Gantry or Overhead Crane
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots;
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Kewdale, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred.