The unit covers conducting skid steer loader operations in the civil construction, resources, and infrastructure industries.
The unit covers conducting skid steer loader operations in the civil construction, resources, and infrastructure industries. It includes planning and preparing; conducting machine pre-operational checks; operating skid steer loaders; lifting, carrying, and placing materials; selecting, removing, and fitting attachments; carrying out machine operator maintenance; and cleaning up.
Duration: 1 Day
Fees: Full payment is required upon booking to confirm your place and can be made via eftpos in person or over the phone.
Assessment methods: Written Questions and Practical
- Introduction and Legislation
- OHS Regulations and Act
- Safety requirements and environmental protection
- Plan & prepare operations
- Operation techniques
- Inspect & prepare work area
- Machine inspections and fault finding
- Pre-start checks
- Communication practices
- Monitoring and alarm systems
- Response to hazards and emergency situations
- Operational routine maintenance and servicing
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment for a nationally recognised unit of competency:
RIIMPO318F Conduct Civil Construction Skid Steer Loader Operations
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (ability to climb in/out of machine, operate controls etc.);
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots;
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Kewdale, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred.