Our aim with this course is to provide the participants with the skills and the knowledge to safely operate an elevated work platform (EWP).
Our aim with this course is to provide the participants with the skills and the knowledge to safely operate an elevated work platform (EWP). A High Risk Work Licence for Elevating Work Platforms is required for any EWP which has a boom capable of extension to 11 metres or more in height. The course is offered to both experienced and inexperience operators.
Duration: 1 – 2 Day – dependant on experience
Fees: Full payment is required upon booking to confirm your place and can be made via eftpos in person or over the phone.
Assessment methods: Written Questions and Practical
- EWP safety awareness.
- Slings, harnesses and other personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Hazard identification and risk controls.
- Pre and post operational checks.
- EWP orientation.
- EWP orientation (ground control).
- Basic operation (basket control).
- Working at height.
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment for a nationally recognised unit of competency:
TLILIC0005 Licence to operate a boom-type Elevating Work Platform (11 meters or more)
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
- Must be over 18 years of age;
- Must bring 2 forms of ID (1 x photo ID, 1 x other ID). Photo ID may include drivers licence, passport, proof of age card. Non-photo ID may include credit card, bank card, medicare card;
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (eg. physical work);
- Must be able to work in raised EWP basket (eg. no fear of heights);
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots;
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number.
This course is offered in-house at our premises in Kewdale, Western Australia. The course can also be delivered on-site at your location if preferred.