This unit covers working safely at heights in the civil construction, resources and infrastructure industries.
Our Working at Heights course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to safely use fall prevention equipment when working at heights. This course is designed for participants currently working (or intending to work) at heights such as roofs, construction sites or similar.
A Working at Heights ticket is often a pre-requisite set by employers for jobs in resources, construction and engineering industries. Once you have completed this course the unit of competency will not expire however we recommend a refresher course every two years.
Duration: 4 Hours
Fees: Full payment is required upon booking to confirm your place and can be made via eftpos in person or over the phone.
Assessment methods: Written Questions and Practical
- How to perform an inspection on fall prevention equipment prior to using.
- Hazard Identification, assessment & control.
- Determine when a piece of equipment should not be used and what to do about it.
- Differences in Fall Arrest & Fall Restraint systems.
- Correct fitting and adjusting of harnesses.
- How to select and anchorage point and how to safely use it.
- How to clean and store fall prevention equipment.
- Static lines, types, requirements and how to use them.
- Using Ladders & Work Platforms (scaffolds & EWP’s).
- Industrial Rope Access Systems.
- Emergency Rescue Procedures.
- Relevant Australian Standards and Codes of Practice regarding fall prevention equipment and policies.
- Requirements when working on fragile roofs.
- Requirements when operating EWPs or working on Scaffolding.
All candidates that successfully complete the course will be issued with a statement of attainment and wallet card for nationally recognised unit of competency:
RIIWHS204E Work Safely at Heights
- Must have good verbal and written comprehension of the English language;
- Must be able to work on top of a platform (eg. no fear of heights);
- Must have good general health and fitness for practicals (ability to wear a harness and climb a ladder);
- Must wear long sleeved shirt, long leg pants and steel cap boots;
- Must hold a USI (unique student identifier) number.
Our Working at Heights course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to safely use fall prevention equipment when working at heights.